You have sinkhole questions? L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. has answers!
Sinkholes are a depression in land surface created by the displacement of soil and/or water circulating and causing a solution of limestone.
There are many possible symptoms of sinkhole activity. The most common symptoms to look for are:
- Cracks forming in the walls
- Obvious low areas on your property
- Mildew or wet areas around the foundation
- Leaks in the ceiling and roof
- Cracks in the flooring (tile, shower-stalls, etc.)
- Nails popping
- Windows or doors not opening or shutting properly
- If you suspect sinkhole activity, call your insurance company
- The insurance company likely will assign an adjustor
- The insurance company likely will hire an engineer to conduct testing
- The engineer will craft a plan for repairs if remediation is needed
- You likely will be able to entertain bids from sinkhole and cosmetic contractors
- You likely will be able to hire the sinkhole contractor of your choice
- The sinkhole contractor should perform the following work:
- Review engineering report
- Site survey conducted for sprinklers, wells, power lines, etc.
- Permits pulled
- NOC (Notice of Commencement executed)
- Sinkhole repair work is performed and completed
- Engineering completion report with a seal is delivered
- Warranty or guarantee documents are delivered
- Cosmetic contractor chosen by you or your insurance company performs the work
- TNOC (Termination of Notice of Commencement) is executed
There are several reasons that are attributable to severe settlement. They can include settlement from sinkhole activity, clay problems, buried debris, organics, erosion, or even muck. Severe settlement can be repaired by underpinning the foundation. Underpinning is performed by inserting steel casing down to the limestone, or other bearing strata. The pins that are inserted pass through a steel bracket that is placed up against the foundation. Once the steel casing is set, we can lift the foundation to close cracks and re-level floors. Once the house is re-leveled, then the foundation supported is being transferred to the steel pins.
L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. specializes in residential and commercial repair. All of our state of the art equipment has been manufactured 'to get into even the tightest areas. All equipment has been made to do the proper repairs without leaving your home or property damaged.
The state of the art equipment that L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. uses is designed to reduce the chances of damaging your lawn. Even extensively landscaped lawns will be treated carefully by our crews. If your lawn does sustain some type of damage in the repair process, it would be part of the restoration/build back part of the process, which is covered by insurance. Should it be necessary to remove bushes or shrubs, L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. will replant them at the completion of the project.
Yes. L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. offers the most comprehensive warranty of its kind in the sinkhole stabilization industry. In the 8,000-plus projects L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. has completed for residential and commercial property owners since 1989, we have a zero failure rating. That said, L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc.'s 15-year, limited, transferable soil stabilization warranty gives you that peace of mind by providing our customers the assurance that our word is as reliable as our work.
If an engineer recommends underpinning as part of the stabilization process, L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. specializes in that type of work and can provide that service. However, compaction grouting is the only method that fixes a sinkhole because it compacts the soils and plugs the holes the limestone may have. Underpinning helps stabilize the foundation but does not fix a sinkhole on its own.
No. These types of solicitations come from businesses that contribute little to the repair process. A Neutral Evaluator Program exists that is sponsored by the State Office of Insurance Regulation and serves as a mediator should you feel you need a second opinion on the insurance company’s or engineer’s findings.
You may want to consult a lawyer if that is indeed the case.
- Check for a valid license through the local permitting office and SunBiz.org
- Check to see a company’s business grade through the Better Business Bureau
- Ask for a Certificate of Insurance
- Ask for references, and make sure they’re current
- Did the salesperson sound knowledgeable and explain what is involved in the repair process?
- Is the contractor a member of FAS3 (Florida Association of Sinkhole Stabilization Specialists)? Call (352) 797-1100 or visit FAS3.org to inquire.
There is no guarantee. It’s important to have the contractor follow the engineer’s original recommendations, that way you can show prove that your sinkhole was repaired. If you are dropped by your insurance company, you will need to present this type of documentation to the new company.
Yes. You should have sinkhole coverage at all times because no one can predict what Mother Nature is going to do. Some banks and mortgage companies are requiring homeowners to carry sinkhole coverage.
In order to qualify for the Catastrophic Cover Collapse sinkhole coverage, which is separate from actual sinkhole insurance coverage, all 4 of the following conditions must be present:
- An abrupt collapse on the ground cover
- A visible depression in the ground cover
- House must be structurally damaged
- House must be declared uninhabitable by a government official
Yes, if the county you live in has a permitting process then reporting is required for sinkhole investigation and repair. The contractor should pull a Notice of Commencement to start the sinkhole repair work and a Termination of Notice of Commencement once the sinkhole repair job has been completed
No foundation contractor can match L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. credentials or a portfolio, which include:
- Fully licensed and insured
- Family owned & operated for 30+ years and counting
- Strong financial standing – L.R.E. has a 3A2 Dun & Bradstreet Credit Rating
- Competitive pricing
- One of the longest-tenured foundation contractors in L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc., serving the entire state since February of 1989
- Successfully completed more residential and commercial projects (8,000-plus) than any other foundation contractor in Florida
- Largest foundation contractor in Florida, employing over 100 full-time, fully trained team members
- Utilize state-of-the-art equipment and staff’s expertise to carry out each project in a clean, efficient and safe manner
- Highly regarded by homeowners, engineers and insurance companies as the cleanest foundation contractor in Florida
- One of only a few foundation contractors that have met the criteria necessary to be an approved member of the Florida Association of Sinkhole Stabilization Specialists (FAS3). To date, less than 15% of foundation contractors in Florida have met the criteria for approval in this highly respected organization
- One-stop resource for foundation repair, sinkhole stabilization and construction/restoration needs. L.R.E.’s construction/restoration department offers a 5-year limited, transferable warranty
- Earned and maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. In addition, no other foundation contractor has been rated longer with the BBB than L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc.
- Hundreds of referrals each year
- Approved vendor for insurance companies, engineering firms and general contractors throughout Florida
Ask your L.R.E. Ground Services Project Representative, or visit lrefoundationrepair.com or FAS3.org. We service Saint Petersburg, Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Spring Hill, Hudson, New Port Richey, Daytona Beach, Port Saint Lucie, Largo, Melbourne, Spring Hill, Vero Beach, Fort Pierce, New Port Richey and all of Florida
Contact L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. for all your sinkhole repair needs
L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. has been in business since February 7, 1989. Founded by Raymond D. Woolever and Susan L. Woolever in Brooksville, FL, the Woolevers are involved in day to day operations of the business alongside our very well seasoned staff. Our employees are trained by L.R.E., we do not hire from day labor companies. The experts working on your home are well trained to complete the proper repairs to your residence.
L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. is a state-certified building contractor registered with various municipalities throughout Florida. L.R.E. is fully insured with coverages including general liability insurance, automobile and property damage insurances and workers compensation. Our license number is CBC1256398.