Building a home in Florida has its risks, but so many great rewards. If you’re building in Florida, it’s wise to consider all of your options for stabilizing and supporting the property long-term. Pre-construction piers can be installed to protect a building or home from settling, or worse, sinkholes. Our Tampa new construction pier installation experts are most often called in when soil conditions are suspect.
How pre-construction piers work
We use helical foundation piers for new construction work in Tampa and the surrounding areas. Pre-construction helical piers are installed prior to pouring footings as specified by the engineer’s installation design. (These are the same piers that have long been used to stabilize and often lift the foundations of existing homes that have settled.)
- Our Tampa new construction pier experts will install rugged steel tube sections which are drilled until they reach the depths of competent load-bearing soil strata or bedrock.
- The top of the pier is then cut to the footing elevation, and a footing bracket or plate cap is welded to it.
- Rebar is added, and the footing is poured, making the pier and bracket assembly integral to the foundation.
Your foundation rests upon these piers, not potentially unstable soils closer to the surface. This precaution ensures that your new home will not settle due to weak soil conditions or sinkhole activity.
Advantages of pre-construction helical piers
There are many advantages not only to pre-construction piers, but the piers we use as Supportworks dealers:
- Can be installed year-round
- Round shaft has a high resistance to bending
- Galvanized steel resists corrosion for long life
- Cannot be seen after installation
- Can be installed in tight spaces
- Lifetime, transferable warranty
- Protect the building from sinkholes
Interested in pre-construction piers
Contact LRE Foundation Repair for a free inspection to install pre-construction helical piers.
We offer new construction pier services to Tampa, Orlando, Saint Petersburg, as well as Sarasota, Spring Hill, Hudson, New Port Richey, Daytona Beach and the surrounding area.