Interior Concrete Slabs in Your Home
Concrete slabs aren’t just used on the outside of your home, they can also be used on the inside of your home. More homeowners are considering interior concrete slabs as an alternative to other flooring materials. It can be easily maintained and can give your home a more modern look.
If you’re considering installing interior concrete slabs in your home, L.R.E Ground Services, Inc. is happy to provide a free inspection to discuss your options.
Concrete Slabs vs. Other Flooring Materials
When it comes to flooring materials for your home, you have a lot of different options to choose from. A lot of homes have more traditional flooring materials like carpet or hardwood, but interior concrete slabs are becoming a popular option as well.
Compared to other interior flooring materials, concrete slabs come with many benefits. Carpet, for example, must be constantly vacuumed and cleaned in order to stay looking new and fresh. Hardwood surfaces can easily be scratched and damaged over time, especially if you have pets or rooms in your house that receive a lot of traffic.
Benefits of Interior Concrete Slabs
The benefit of concrete slabs inside your home is that they don’t need to be constantly vacuumed or repaired for scratches or other wear and tear.
- Easy to clean: An interior concrete slab can be extremely easy to clean compared to other flooring materials. You can simply sweep or mop up any messes or spills without worrying about stains.
- Withstand wear and tear: Concrete is an extremely durable surface and can withstand a lot of wear and tear that other flooring surfaces can’t. It is difficult to show damage to an interior concrete floor, so it will constantly look new and fresh.
- Longevity: Concrete can last much longer than other interior flooring materials. Carpet, for example, is recommended to be changed every 5-10 years. Concrete can last much longer and won’t need to be replaced.
- Customizable: Concrete can be easily customized with certain patterns or colors. Carpet, tile, or hardwood tend to have limited options, but interior concrete slabs can be designed to match your style and preferences.
- Resistant to water damage: If water gets on your carpet or hardwood, it can cause extensive damage and need to be replaced. Concrete surfaces, especially when sealed, are rarely damaged by water.
- Resistant to dust mites or allergens: Carpet in particular is very susceptible to collecting dust mites and causing allergen problems inside your home. An interior concrete surface can simply be swept or mopped to avoid dust collection.
- Affordable: Based on cost per square footage, concrete can be much cheaper compared to other flooring materials.
Based on the benefits listed above, interior concrete slabs can be a great alternative for your home compared to other flooring materials.
If you are considering installing a concrete slab inside your home, ask the experts at L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. for a recommendation.
Installing Interior Slabs
Installing interior concrete slabs can take a little longer to install compared to carpet or hardwood, mainly because it requires time to cure.
The timeline of installing a concrete floor depends on the following factors:
- Size of the project
- Design and details desired by customer
- Accessibility of the space
- Condition of the existing floor
Our team at L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. can provide a free inspection for your interior concrete slab to take a look at the list above and provide you with an accurate timeline.
Rely on L.R.E Ground Services, Inc. for Your Interior Slabs
We have proudly served Florida residents since 1989, and we are ready to help you. Our concrete experts can install an interior slab that will provide long-lasting results with a beautiful finish.
If you’d like your free inspection for interior concrete slabs, contact us today!