Driveway Installation from L.R.E. Ground Services
Looking for a new driveway? Replacing an old, cracked driveway will help improve the curb appeal of your home and increase your home’s value. When it comes to installing driveways, it’s more than just laying concrete. There’s a science to it to make sure it is built properly and can withstand the heavy traffic on it for many years.
Our driveway experts at L.R.E. Ground Services have installed driveways for many Florida residents, and we’re happy to provide a free estimate for your new driveway.
Why You Might Need a New Driveway
Driveways receive a lot of heavy traffic and can experience many different issues over time. While they can be easy to ignore, it’s important to keep an eye out for symptoms of a damaged driveway before the problem gets worse.
Symptoms of Driveway Damage
Just like any other part of your home, it’s important to monitor your driveway for any damage and maintain it to increase its longevity. While some symptoms of a damaged driveway may be very obvious, other symptoms may be just as destructive but hard to identify.
To avoid costly issues and to restore your home’s value, call our team at L.R.E. if you notice any of the following symptoms on your driveway:
- Cracks: Driveway cracks can appear in several different forms. They can be large cracks that create holes and tripping hazards, or they can be small cracks that are less obvious. Regardless of the size, any crack is a bad crack and can get worse over time.
- Pitting and Flaking: Driveways are prone for pitting and flaking. As more serious cases can be very unsightly for your curb appeal, they also create an uneven surface and can be a dangerous tripping hazard. As your concrete ages over time, pieces of the concrete can start to flake off.
- Sunken Concrete: As the soils in the ground underneath your concrete shift, it can cause the slabs to sink. Often times we’ll find that one slab will sink while the other stays put, creating a tripping hazard and uneven surface. While sunken concrete can simply be lifted and may not need a completely new driveway, it’s an important symptom to look out for.
- Drainage Issues: If you notice any pooling of water in areas of your driveway, that is not a normal occurrence and is a sign of driveway damage. Depending on the severity, this may require a new driveway installation or can be fixed with simpler methods.
- Stains or Fading: Stains or fading on a driveway may just be cosmetic issues, but also indicates age with a driveway. Sometimes driveways need to be replaced for a number of reasons based on their age.
Protecting Your Driveway
Once your new driveway is installed, it’s important to take certain measures to protect it and increase its longevity. Although it seems odd to maintain your driveway, there are certain things you can do to protect it and make it last longer.
- Clean regularly: Using a power washer to clean the surface of your driveway is an easy way to keep it clean and maintain its new, fresh look.
- Apply sealer: An annual application of sealer is recommended to protect it from outside elements and make the surface last longer. Sealer is an affordable investment that will help your driveway last much longer.
- Remove stains quickly: Your car will eventually leave a stain on your driveway. While sealer will help avoid stains, it’s still important to remove them quickly to avoid further staining.
- Avoid de-icer chemicals: While de-icing your driveway is convenient during the winter, the harsh chemicals can cause scaling and spalling on the surface of your driveway.
Choose L.R.E. Ground Services for Driveway Installation
Trust in L.R.E. Ground Services for your driveway installation. We have proudly installed driveways in Florida since 1989 and will provide a free estimate.
Contact us today for your free estimate for driveway installation!