Protect Your Crawl Space from Flooding
Crawl spaces are susceptible to flooding based on the way they’re designed. A flooded crawl space can lead to many different problems for your home. Fortunately, there are many solutions available to protect your crawl space from flooding.
If you notice any signs of flooding in your crawl space, it’s best to contact a professional right away before the flooding causes other problems. Our crawl space experts at LRE Foundation Repair can pinpoint the source of the flooding and recommend a solution to protect your crawl space.
How Do Crawl Spaces Flood?
Water can enter a crawl space in many different ways. Sometimes this water can leave minimal impacts, and sometimes it can result in flooding. Either way, any water that enters a crawl space can result in bigger problems in the future if left untreated.
Water can enter a crawl space through the following areas:
- Crawl space vents, open doors, or hatchways
- Through cracks in foundation walls
- Excess rainfall entering your crawl space too quickly
Water can easily enter your crawl space through these avenues and cause extensive damage if it is ignored.
Symptoms of Crawl Space Flooding
Crawl space flooding can show in many different ways, some more obvious than others. As a homeowner, it’s important to know the key signs of crawl space flooding so that you can identify it quickly and call in a professional for a recommendation to fix it.
The symptoms of crawl space flooding include:
- Pools of water: The most obvious symptom of crawl space flooding is when you notice pools of water on the floor of your crawl space. This usually occurs after heavy rains bring an influx of water to your crawl space.
- Musty odors: Water in your crawl space can lead to foul smells or musty odors as the water is left untreated. Unfortunately, these musty odors can make their way up into the main living areas of your home and cause musty odors to infiltrate your home.
- Unwanted bugs and pests: Bugs and pests love to live in dark, damp places, which makes a crawl space a perfect environment for them. If there is an increase in bugs or pests, it could be a sign of water damage.
- Mold: Mold cannot grow without water. Therefore, if you notice mold growing in your crawl space, there is likely a water problem that is causing the mold to grow.
- Sinking floors: Water in your crawl space can cause structural damage as well. The buildup of moisture on your floor joists can cause them to become weak and lose their support to your floors above. This will result in sinking floors inside your home.
- Humidity: Moisture buildup in your crawl space can also lead to a very humid environment as there is very little air flow inside of a crawl space.
Crawl Space Waterproofing Solutions
To prevent crawl space flooding, LRE Foundation Repair offers a number of different waterproofing solutions. Depending on the situation of your crawl space, either one waterproofing product or solution may do the job, or you may need a complete waterproofing system to protect your crawl space.
Our waterproofing solutions include:
LRE is happy to provide a free inspection to evaluate your crawl space and implement a waterproofing solution to protect your crawl space from flooding.
Prevent Crawl Space Flooding with LRE Foundation Repair
Protect your home and your crawl space with waterproofing solutions from LRE Foundation Repair. As Florida has a humid climate, it’s important for crawl spaces to be protected from the humid air and from any threat of flooding. We have proudly helped Florida residents protect their homes since 1989, and we’ll provide a free inspection on how to protect yours.
Contact us today for your free inspection to protect your crawl space!