Know What Causes Drainage Problems
Without proper drainage, your home can be prone to foundational damage. Understanding the signs and causes of of drainage problems in your Sarasota area home can help you get repairs before it’s too late. Here are some things you need to know about drainage issues.
Signs of Drainage Problems
Water is one of the leading causes of drainage problems in Sarasota area homes, which is why contacting a proper drainage system installation team is so important to protect your home. Knowing the common causes of drainage problems can help you identify whether your property is experiencing these kinds of issues, so you can get the help you need before too much damage is done. Here are some common signs that your property may be in need of our drainage solutions offered in Sarasota :
- Overflowing gutters - If your gutters are clogged and overflowing, rainwater can collect around your foundation, leading to foundation issues.
- Faulty downspouts - Downspouts work to channel water from your gutters away from your home. Without a proper downspout system, excess water can cause foundation damage.
- Improper grading - Without proper grading, water isn’t properly diverted away from your property, which can lead to standing water and cause harm to landscaping and your home’s foundation.
- Soil moisture - Excess moisture in the soil surrounding your foundation can cause hydrostatic pressure, which presses in on foundation walls and causes extensive damage.
Impacts of Drainage Problems
If you are noticing these causes of drainage problems on your Sarasota property, it’s important to take action, as improper drainage can lead to basement flooding and foundation damage, as well as the following issues:
- Oversaturation of soil - When soil becomes oversaturated, it expands and places tremendous pressure on your home’s foundation.
- Bug and pest infestation - Because insects and other pests enjoy living in damp environments, excess water in your yard can invite infestations.
- Mold - Mold and other allergens thrive in damp environments. These allergens can lead to health-related issues for you and your family.
- Damage to landscape - Improper drainage can cause parts of your yard to flood, causing severe damage to your landscaping.
At LRE Foundation Repair, we offer several options for drainage solution services in Sarasota, such as:
French Drain: A French drain is a large perforated pipe that collects water and disperses it far away from your yard.
We use the EZ-Flow French Drain as it typically outperforms more traditional drains that are built with gravel.
Downspout Drainage: Installing a proper downspout can help prevent your yard from flooding. As your gutters do their job to collect your roof water, they need to connect to a downspout so that the water is properly drained from your yard.
We install the RainChute, RainChute EZ, and LawnSpace Outlet for proper drainage and to help prevent the roof water from flooding your yard.
Trench Drain/Channel Drain: A trench drain is a surface drainage solution that prevents water from collecting at slopes in your driveway, doorways, or stairways. It collects water and properly channels it away from your home.
Catch Basin: A catch basin can be placed in the ground to help eliminate standing water and move the water through to an underground drainage system to improve yard drainage.
Percolation Trench: This type of trench is an excavated trench that is filled with gravel or stone and helps channel storm water runoff far away from your yard to prevent flooding.
Our team can provide a free inspection for your Sarasota home to identify the causes of your drainage problems and provide solutions.
Sarasota Drainage Installation Services from LRE Foundation Repair
Our Sarasota drainage installation and solution experts can install the right system for your property to help prevent yard flooding and protect your home’s foundation. Call LRE Foundation Repair at 352 247-7716 now for your free inspection!