Foundation Drainage Problems
When water is not drained properly, it can lead to all sorts of problems in your home, including damage to the foundation itself. Avoid having these issues by contacting our team of expert drainage contractors in Tampa. Our professionals will determine the cause of your drainage problems and work to give you an effective, long lasting solution.
Being a homeowner comes with a lot of challenges already. The last thing you want to do is deal with flooding in your house or yard. To prevent any major damage from occurring, be sure that you know the following signs of drainage problems:
- Clogged Gutters: The purpose of gutters around your home is to redirect rainwater away from your property. When these gutters are clogged, water will start to flow over into your yard, resulting in flooding.
- Broken Or Damaged Downspouts: Downspouts are meant to drain water as far away from your home as possible, so that your foundation does not incur any damage. When your downspout is broken, all of the rainwater will accumulate in your yard, causing costly issues for you to fix. To save money in the long-run, contact our Tampa based drainage contractors.
- Poor Grading: Land grading refers to the process of evening out the surface of your yard, so that the ground is level and there are no depressions in the yard that could accumulate excess water. When the ground is not level, draining water properly can be a struggle.
Signs of Drainage Problems
There are many different signs of drainage problems that could be happening in your yard. As a homeowner, it’s important for you to be able to recognize these signs in order to try and stop the problem from getting worse.
Proper drainage in your yard can help avoid flooding, as well as protect your foundation from water damage. Keeping an eye out for these signs may save you a lot of time, money, and headaches in the long run:
- Overflowing gutters: If your gutters are clogged or overflowing, it can cause more damage than you may realize. The purpose of a gutter system is to properly manage rainwater and channel the water away from your home and your foundation. If your gutters are overflowing, it causes all that rainwater to pour directly onto your yard. As a result, your yard could flood and not be properly drained because of the influx of water from your gutters.
- Faulty downspouts: Downspouts are an important extension of your gutter system as they properly channel the water from your gutters far away from your home and your foundation. If your downspouts aren’t working properly, it can cause all of that rainwater to pour into your yard. Without the proper drainage system in place, all that water can flood your yard.
- Improper grading: If your yard isn’t properly graded, it can lead to drainage problems and cause your yard to eventually flood. Improper grading is a very common problem for drainage issues and can take a toll on your yard. Excess soil moisture: If there is excess moisture in your soils, this can also cause improper drainage as the extra water has no place else to go. This can result in a flooded yard and a headache for the homeowner.
Any of these issues above can result in drainage problems for your yard.
Impacts of Drainage Problems
If you don’t resolve drainage problems quickly, it can lead to all sorts of additional issues, from bug infestations, to allergies and mold, oversaturation of soil, and long term damage to your landscape. Bugs and mold thrive in a wet environment, which is why it’s crucial that you keep your yard free of excess water. With the help of our foundation repair services in Tampa, you can keep unnecessary allergens away from your home, and better ensure the health and safety of your family.
Aside from flooding, improper drainage can also lead to:
- Oversaturation of the soils in the ground: As the soils become oversaturated with water, they can expand and put a lot of pressure on your foundation. This pressure can eventually cause your foundation to crack or your basement walls to bow or buckle.
- Bug and pest infestation: The excess water in your yard can lead to an increase in bugs and pests as they love to live in damp places.
- Mold and allergens: If the excess water is not taken care of, it can eventually cause mold to grow in your yard and lead to allergen or health-related issues for you and your family.
- Damage to landscape: Improper drainage can cause parts of your yard to flood and result in damaged landscaping.
Our team at LRE Foundation Repair offers a variety of drainage solutions to fit your needs, including:
- French Drains: French drains are used to gather water and transport it away from your home and yard.
- Downspout Drains: Downspouts are used to collect rainwater from your gutters and drain it away from your yard. These are useful in preventing flooding damage. We carry LawnSpace Outlet, RainChute EZ, and RainChute drains.
- Trench Drains: Also known as channel drains, trench drains are designed to gather water from slopes around your home, including from stairways, driveways, and doorways.
- Catch Basins: Catch basins are different from other drainage systems in that they are installed underground. These drains are built to eliminate standing water from your yard.
- Percolation Trench: Percolation trenches are filled with gravel to help redirect rainwater away from your home and prevent flooding in your yard.
If you are noticing any signs of drainage issues around your home, contact our professional drainage contractors in Tampa. Our foundation repair services team has the experience and expertise needed to get the job done right the first time.
Proper Drainage Installation from LRE Foundation Repair
LRE Foundation Repair can install a proper yard drainage system to prevent your yard from flooding and to protect your foundation from damage. Many Florida residents have benefitted from our services since 1989, and we’re ready to help you.
Contact us today for your free inspection on how to avoid drainage problems!