We are seeking an experienced Automotive Mechanic responsible for the maintenance and repair of all company vehicles and/or equipment. Duties include running diagnostic tests on vehicles, test driving vehicles to gauge performance, and maintaining detailed records of the vehicles serviced.
The primary duties include performing diagnostic tests to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results, and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking, A/C or lighting system components, etc. as needed.
Requires high organization and effective communication, as it's expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with employees and/or customers on a daily basis.
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test-driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
- Degree or diploma in mechanical or automotive engineering or similar field is preferred
- ASE Certification advantageous.
- Valid driver's license.
- Aptitude for mathematics and science.
- Advanced knowledge of automotive components.
- Good IT and diagnostic skills.
- Able to lift up to 150 pounds.
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good organization skills.