Concrete Leveling in Florida
Noticing major cracks in your sidewalks or driveways? Are your walkways uneven? Do you cover up problem areas on your patio or pool area, or warn your guests about the crack so they don’t trip? Your concrete may need repaired with concrete leveling.
L.R.E. Ground Services, Inc. is a concrete leveling contractor providing concrete repair services in Central Florida.
As professionals with many decades of experience in leveling concrete, we quickly and effectively design concrete repair solutions for our clients.
PolyLevel® for concrete leveling
Previously, mudjacking was the answer to sinking concrete. This involved drilling large holes into the concrete slab and pumping in concrete slurry to lift the slab back to an even level. But this strategy for concrete repair has been replaced with a new product called PolyLevel ®. This state-of-the-art polymer solution won’t only raise your concrete slab, but it comes with many advantages.
Why PolyLevel® for sinking concrete?
Today, our professional crews can arrive on-site to quickly and effectively stabilize your sinking, settling concrete within minutes. The state-of-the-art structural polymer solution, PolyLevel®, is fast, easy to use and creates much less mess.
PolyLevel® allows us to perform concrete leveling in just a couple of hours. It speeds up commercial jobs as well. PolyLevel® is a smart alternative to traditional concrete repair.
What is PolyLevel®?
PolyLevel® is a simple foam injection that stabilizes your concrete slab. It’s pumped under sinking concrete as a liquid so it covers all of the tiny holes and spaces. The polymer solution becomes a foam, and as it rises, it lifts the concrete.
This has eliminated many of the struggles and downfalls of traditional mudjacking:
- Long-lasting solution: Mudjacking ran the risk of weighing down the soil beneath the concrete slab and creating a bigger problem in the end, causing owners the risk of redoing the work if the solution didn’t hold. Polylevel® is lightweight and permanent, and it will not cause additional sinking.
- Affordability: Mudjacking required expensive machinery and pricey filler material to be pumped in to level the concrete slab. PolyLevel® offers a much more reliable product, and at a fraction of the cost.
- Environmental care: Mudjacking also created mess and waste, something we’re passionate about preventing as geotechnical experts. In contrast, PolyLevel® comes with no waste, and the product will not react with Florida soil nor will it release any chemicals into the ground.
How concrete leveling with PolyLevel® works:
- Small 3/8in. holes are bored through the sunken slab.
- An injector port is installed into each hole.
- High-density foam is injected into the port, whereupon it expands and lifts the slab.
- With the port removed, the holes are cleaned and patched with cement.
What can be fixed with PolyLevel®?
PolyLevel® is a great solution for cracking concrete. Here are the types of areas we most commonly use this on:
- Pool decks
- Garage floors
- Interior slabs
Why fix a sinking slab?
If a slab is sinking, it’s an indication of a weak soil base. Erosion is not something any property owner can control, despite owning the land. Erosion is also not often restorative, if your foundation or concrete areas have sunk, they will not be fixing themselves.
Sinking concrete can indicate the base of the concrete has been washed away by flooding, or that the concrete is no longer viable.
Cracks will naturally happen in the lifetime of concrete, and cracks near the joists are usually not a concern. But if a concrete slab’s cracks begin to form uneven walking surfaces, bowing walls or other problematic issues, concrete leveling may be required.
Concrete leveling will help you eliminate safety concerns around your property and avoid preventable accidents.
Fixing sunken concrete will also help you protect one of your largest investments, your property, and maintain your curb appeal.
Which sidewalk would you prefer to walk on?
Here’s one example of a project that used PolyLevel® for concrete leveling. See the difference!?
Signs your concrete needs leveled
- Sinking concrete steps or sidewalks
- Cracked, bumpy and uneven driveways or patios
- Cracking and sinking sections of slabs
- Washout of soils under concrete slabs
- Repeated cracking of concrete slabs